Starting Spring 2023, we will begin to accept applications for Fall 2023. Applications are accepted from enrolled students of programs with which CSEAP has internship agreements. At this time, we are only able to accommodate applicants that can be supervised by a Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
The Colorado State Employee Assistance Program (CSEAP) is an internal employee assistance program. We offer short-term counseling services to state employees.
Our interns -
- Receive valuable clinical experience working with a short-term, solution-focused modality.
- Work with a wide range of presenting clinical concerns.
- Are encouraged to work at their own pace while learning to manage their clinical caseload.
- Complete clinical phone intakes as well as provide workplace consultations (as appropriate).
- Receive a minimum of weekly supervision by a licensed clinician.
- Attend weekly professional meetings, including clinical reviews with all CSEAP clinical staff.
- Have opportunities to present workshops to various work groups.
- Commit to a structured schedule providing service on-site 10 to 32 hours per week for at least 2 semesters.
- CSEAP interns must be currently enrolled in an approved and accredited social work or counseling program.
- Must be able to commit to both Fall and Spring semesters. This includes an Intern Orientation Day in August TBD.
- Referred by the educational program via formal agreements between CSEAP and the institution of higher education.
- Interns provide services on-site at our Denver office location - 1525 Sherman Street (interns are not approved to provide telehealth from their home or other remote setting).
- We are particularly interested in hosting student interns with diverse backgrounds and varied life experiences. We strongly encourage students of color, those from diverse socioeconomic or cultural backgrounds, and veterans to apply for available internship opportunities.
Timeline: We are currently accepting applications for Fall 2023 until slots are filled.
- complete our internship application
- submit your resume and cover letter to Ashley Babjack.
Please email our internship coordinator, Ashley Babjack with general questions about CSEAP internship opportunities.