Join our Next Emotional Intelligence Coaching Cohort!
CSEAP offers group cohort coaching in order to create skill development and peer connection among State leaders. Both experienced and developing State leaders are encouraged to participate in order to connect, learn, and build skill in areas of emotional intelligence (EI). This service is available to State employees and employees of participating institutions of higher education who hold supervisory responsibilities in their State leadership roles.
Fall/Winter 2022 - Cohort Commitments
In order to create consistency and build community in the learning process, cohort participants are expected to commit to the following:
- Participate in a launch orientation session to gather details about the ESCI 360 assessment launch process and information about EI (emotional intelligence) individual and group coaching sessions. The orientation sessions will include your completion of the process order form including providing agency/department payment information and rater contact information (raters provide 360 feedback) to be submitted to our partner vendor (Korn Ferry). Your attendance is required at only one orientation session. Orientation sessions are currently scheduled to take place on -
- 9/13/2022 - 10:00am - 11:15am (register by clicking the interest form below)
- 9/14/2022 - 1:30pm - 2:45pm (register by clicking the interest form below)
- Engage in the launch of your ESCI 360 assessment between the dates of 10/11/2022 and 10/25/2022. Participation in an Emotional Intelligence cohort requires participation in the ESCI 360 evaluation. If you are uninterested in the ESCI 360 evaluation process but are interested in professional coaching, please see 'General Professional Coaching' information below.
- Participate in 1 to 2 individual coaching sessions with a trained CSEAP Emotional Intelligence Coach between 10/28/2022 and 12/6/2022. In order to participate in the cohort (and receive the results of your ESCI 360 assessment), one individual coaching session is required during the stated time frame. We encourage all cohort participants to take advantage of 2 individual coaching sessions in support of your unique professional growth goals. Once you've started the ESCI 360 assessment process, we'll instruct you on how to schedule individual coaching sessions.
- Participate in group coaching sessions on both December 7, 2022 and January 11, 2023. Group coaching sessions provide an opportunity to connect with other leaders, process shared experiences, and learn from your facilitator and each other. Group coaching dates and times are subject to change and will be confirmed at the September orientation sessions. Currently, group coaching sessions are scheduled to take place on (please plan to attend both group coaching sessions) -
- 12/7/2022 - 10:00am - 11:30am
- 1/11/2023 - 10:00am - 11:30am
The cost of the ESCI 360 assessment is $308 per participant. Payment must be made in order to launch the 360 evaluation process which will take place between 10/11/2022 and 10/25/2022. Generally, participants seek approval and payment from their State agency/department in order to participate. Participants work with their agency/department to secure direct payment to our partner vendor, Korn Ferry (CSEAP does not accept payment for this ESCI 360 process). Occasionally, participants are interested in self-pay in order to participate - in this situation, participants make payment directly to Korn Ferry. Payment instructions are provided during the September orientation sessions. There is no cost associated with individual or group coaching sessions.
About the ESCI
The Emotional Social Competency Inventory (ESCI) is an assessment tool used to provide 360 feedback to cohort coaching participants. You'll see that we refer to the ESCI as the 'ESCI 360', the '360', or 'ESCI'. This instrument was designed by Richard Boyatzis and Daniel Goleman and demonstrates reliability and validity as an evaluation tool. In order for this tool to be used most effectively, raters (those providing feedback) serve in various roles associated with the coaching cohort participant - these positions include leaders/managers, stakeholders, clients/customers (as appropriate), peers team members, and employees/supervisees. The ESCI tool also includes a self-assessment component completed by the cohort coaching participant. For more information about the ESCI instrument, visit https://www.eiconsortium.org/measures/eci_360.html.
About our Coaches
CSEAP Emotional Intelligence coaches are trained and certified by Korn Ferry to interpret your ESCI 360 results and provide coaching in the EI competency areas of self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management. Our coaches are trained to engage you to self-direct your path of growth and development. We're available to support goal-setting, offer education, and encourage dialogue intended to assist you in developing self-awareness and leadership insight. Coaches can also be available to consult or process challenging or difficult situations in which emotional intelligence competencies may be applied to encourage successful outcomes.
Interested in Participating?
Please click on the 'EI Cohort Interest Form' button below. You'll need about 5 minutes to complete the interest form. Once you've completed the form linked below, you'll receive additional information from Maria Thomson, our Emotional Intelligence Coaching Service Coordinator. If you're interested in participating and are seeking payment for you participation from your agency/department, we encourage a conversation with your manager PRIOR to the required September orientation dates.
Emotional Intelligence and ESCI Resources and Research
- Various research articles and information about emotional intelligence for the workplace and the ESCI 360 inventory can be found at https://www.eiconsortium.org/index.html.
- A sample of the ESCI instrument can be found at https://www.kornferry.com/content/dam/kornferry/docs/article-migration/ESCI_Technical_Manual_nav_04052017.pdf.
- A review of various emotional intelligence rating tools can be found at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6546921/.
General Professional Coaching
Interested in professional coaching, just not the EI Coaching Cohort service? Or, would you like to access no-cost professional coaching services through CSEAP? Visit our professional coaching page for information.
Emotional Intelligence Coaching Program: Here's How it Works
Call CSEAP at 1-800-821-8154 to schedule a consultation with our EI Program Lead, Maria Thomson.
Engage in the ESCI. Arrange payment for the ESCI 360 assessment in order to acquire your current Emotional Intelligence EI rating.
Attend coaching sessions. Your coach will review your ESCI results with you and schedule up to five additional EI coaching sessions. Coaching sessions are free-of-charge and focus on application of Emotional Intelligence concepts to your unique workplace situations.
Coaching sessions are now available via video appointment.
Do you have questions? Call CSEAP at 1-800-821-8154 to schedule a telephone consultation with our EI Team Lead.
For more information about Emotional Intelligence coaching, complete our webform or call 800-821-8154 to schedule a 15-minute consultation with our Emotional Intelligence Coaching Service Coordinator:
Maria Thomson, LPC, Certified ESCI Coach
"We are being judged by a new yardstick: Not just how smart we are, or by our training and expertise,
but also by how well we handle ourselves and each other."
Working With Emotional Intelligence, Daniel Goleman
Click here for a downloadable and printable infographic about Emotional Intelligence Coaching.